I am working since many years as system designer and system architect. I enjoy engineering large media systems and analyzing complex procedures in particular with in a team, where everybody contributes with own specialties and own perspectives. Requirements and realization thoughts from all contributing members should be considered and be reflected in the system architecture.
I have lots of experience in defining and leading projects, in particular research and prototyping projects. I like subdividing more complex activities into smaller tasks and then ensure execution with timely and high quality output. I am capable of realizing systems or system components as prototype, so I can act as team leader and team contributor. Characterizing the system performance through prototyping is a very important in order to identify bottlenecks and to improve the overall system.
I like driving technical work in various standardization organizations and industry fora. I was rapporteur for several work items, for instance in 3GPP. Working with highly skilled and equally experienced experts from other companies is always challenging, but helps moving me forward in my thinking and allows me to learn new technologies and design principles. My Engineering Degree (Dipl.-Ing.) and my Ph.D degree in electrical engineering are from RWTH Aachen University.
• Drive technical work standards groups like 3GPP SA2, 3GPP SA4, MPEG, OIPF, DASH-IF, …
• Access Systems: HSPA, LTE, WiFi, eMBMS (aka LTE Broadcast), DSL, DOCSIS, …
• Streaming Protocols like MPEG-DASH, HLS, ISO-BMFF, CMAF, MPEG2-TS, RTSP, RTP,
• Internet Protocols like HTTP, H2, QUIC, NORM, FLUTE, FCAST (with RaportQ, Reed-Solomon, LDPC FEC, etc )
- Practicalities and Analysis of Using PTP Over 5G Systems with Dedicated Time Synchronization Support for Media Production
- Monday, April 25 • 9:15 AM - 9:35 AM